**NEW** Where Broadway and the West End Meet
Stylistic, Vocal and Cultural Differences with Joan Lader, EMT, New York Singing Coach, Tony Award winner 2016 and Anne-Marie Speed EMCI, International Vocal Coach
|Date||Sunday, July 9, 2023|
|Early Bird||£60.00 (enter code EARLYBIRD at checkout, valid till 6/1/2023)|
|Student||£45.00 (enter code STUDENT at checkout)|
Broadway and the West End are the commercial lifeblood of musical theatre. For the musical theatre performer, they represent both a goal and a justification for training. Shows will often transfer from from London to New York and vice versa. This offers an opportunity to observe clear vocal, stylistic as well as cultural differences in both acting and singing styles.
This two hour workshop will offer insights into some of the differences between the culture of Broadway and the West End, highlighting differences and similarities between American and British shows.
Bring your Questions! The workshop is intended to be very interactive so there will be a strong emphasis on participant involvement through questions and answers.
The day will include:
- Where are we now – overview of current vocal trends on Broadway and the West End
- Auditions – differences between London and Broadway - insider tips
- Staying safe – maintaining vocal health and stamina during rehearsals and performance
- Transfers - stepping into an American show in the West End and a British show on Broadway
- Does accent matter? – when having the right accent for the show matters and its influence on singing and style